Polycom VVX Series FAQs
Q. What's the difference between the VVX300 and VVX301?
A. Polycom have released an updated version of the VVX range. The new range features processor and memory upgrades for enhanced performance:
- Polycom VVX300 > Polycom VVX301
- Polycom VVX310 > Polycom VVX311
- Polycom VVX400 > Polycom VVX401
- Polycom VVX410 > Polycom VVX411
- Polycom VVX500 > Polycom VVX501
- Polycom VVX600 > Polycom VVX601
Q. Is local call recording possible with the Polycom VVX series?
A. Local Call recording is supported on the Polycom VVX 500, VVX 501, VVX 600 and VVX601 Media phones.
Q. Does the Polycom VVX Seires support EHS capabilities?
Q. Can I use the VVX series on a SIP/IP platform that is not on the list of Polycom VIP VVX certified partner platforms?
A. No, the Polycom VVX seires is only supported for use on approved platforms.
Q. Do the Polycom VVX series support PoE?
A. All models support PoE.
Q. Is there a power supply unit available for the VVX series?
A. Yes, there are several power supplies. The one you require will be dependent on the particular VVX phone you are using:
- Polycom VVX100/200 Power Supply unit is compatible with the Polycom VVX 101 and 201 phone.
- Polycom VVX300/400 Power Supply unit is compatible with the Polycom VVX 300, 301, 310, 311, 400, 401, 410 and 411 phone.
- Polycom VVX500/600 Power Supply unit is compatible with the Polycom VVX 500, 501, 600, 601 and 1500 phone.
Q. What is Polycom HD Voice?
A. Polycom HD Voice is Polycoms Wideband audio combined with their patented Acoustic Clarity technology. this combination provides much clearer, more vibrant and life like conversations.
Q. Are there any models within the series that support Gigabit Ethernet?
A. Yes, The Polycom VVX 310, 311, 410, 411, 500, 501, 600, 601 and 1500 all support Gigabit Ethernet.
Compare the main features between the Polycom VVX series by visiting our Polycom VVX Series Matrix.