Grandstream Wireless Access Point FAQs
Q. Do the Grandstream GWN series require a Power Supply Unit?
A. The Grandstream GWN WAPs are PoE compliant and are not sold with a PoE injector. A separate PoE injector is a available for purchase.
Q. Is it possible to download and upload a configuration file from my Grandstream GWN Access Point?
A. Yes, both can be achieved via the Web GUI. Go to Systems Settings > Maintenance > Upload/Download
Q. How do I factory reset my GWN access point?
A. Factory resets can be performed either from the remote web interface or directly from the access point itself. See instructions below:
Via Web Interface
- Log into the web interface of the selected GWN AP
- Navigate to System Setting > Maintenance > Scroll down can click Reset
Via Manual Rest
- Insert a pin or paperclip into the reset hole, located at the back of the unit
- Press and hold for 7 seconds before releasing
Regardless of which method used, the Grandstream GWN access point will blink red, then reboot to factory settings.
Q. How many concurrent clients does the GWN access points support?
- Each GWN760 supports 250
- Each GWN7600 / GWN7600LR supports 450
Q. What the sort of Wi-Fi distance do the Grandstream GWN offer?
- GWN7600 - 165 Meters
- GWN7610 - 175 Meters
- GWN7630 - 175 Meters
- GWN7600LR - 300 Meters
Q. What Wi-Fi standards do the Grandstream GWN access points support?
A. The Grandstream GWN access points supports IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standards. Data rates for each can be found below:
- IEEE 802.11ac: 6.5 Mbps to 1300 Mbps
- IEEE 802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
- IEEE 802.11n: 6.5 Mbps to 450 Mbps
- IEEE 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
- IEEE 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
Q. How do I add a guest network to my GWN access point?
A. You will need to add an additional SSID to the existing network group. Don't forget to enable "Client Isolation". Now select a Client Isolation Mode among “Internet Mode”, “Gateway MAC Mode”, and “Radio Mode”. for more details on thes modes please refer to the user manual, visit our Grandstream User Guide PDF Section.
Want a visual overview of the Grandstream GWN Wireless Access Point Range? Check out our Grandstream Wireless Access Point Matrix.