Coronavirus – COVID 19 – Contingency Planning
Now over three weeks into the lock-down and in a continually evolving situation, we have implemented a scaled set of measures and managed to provide a seamless service to our customers. We have invested in, and tested, our business continuity strategies based on a ‘business as usual’ operating model. We have been following all Government and WHO protocols to the letter as they are issued.
CLEANING AND HYGIENE PROTOCOLS
- We have deployed Antibacterial hand sanitisers
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning using appropriate grade disinfectant
- Gloves are in use by our warehouse and pick and pack teams.
- Single use thermometers are on site.
CONTINUITY PLANNING – TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE
- All our account management and back office staff have full access to all our systems and are working remotely during the lock-down period - and longer if we consider to be provident.
- All business tools for managing enquiries, quotes and order processing are accessed remotely.
- All telephony services remain in place through our hosted, cloud-based telephony platform.
- With Microsoft Teams™ and HighFive™ we have ensured productive collaboration via both audio and video - holding regular internal meetings and online conferences with suppliers and manufacturers.
STRATEGIES FOR CONTAINMENT AND CONTINUITY
- We have segregated our business units. Our warehouse and refurbishment team and account management and back office staff have access to separate entrances and operate independently of one another.
- The Canteen has become out of bounds and separate toilet facilities are accessed by each department.
- We deny access to the building by any delivery/collection drivers who are be asked to remain in their vehicles.
Best4Systems has a business continuity strategy focused on the health and welfare of our staff ( as well as our responsibility towards society as a whole ), while continuing to honour the service levels our customers have become accustomed to in order to mitigate disruption.
We are working closely with suppliers and manufacturers to mitigate against potential supply chain risks. Our purchasing dept is working closely with UK and EEA distributors to ensure continuity of supply to minimise any disruption for our customers.
Please feel free to call us on 0844 824 6664 or contact us here if you have any questions.