About Contact Center Headsets
Whilst now, in 2021 many people are still working remotely rather than in high density call centers the headset will still be a crucial part of their working equipment.
Jabra specialise in wired and wireless headsets which fulfil the necessary features of a call center headset. These features include : noise cancellation, comfort, ease of use, call handling, compatibility and durability; and many more.
A contact center / call center is defined as …
“a centralised office used for receiving or transmitting a large volume of enquiries by telephone. An inbound call centre is operated by a company to administer incoming product or service support or information enquiries from consumers.”
An indispensable tool for the contact center worker is the headset. A headset allows full concentration on a call whilst freeing up the hands for data retrieval. Naturally headsets have evolved to provide the optimum in form and function for the call center worker. What one needs are the following characteristics:
- Comfort – If one is to wear a headset all day, the last thing you want is discomfort, the build a fit make a difference, as do the ear cushion design
- Lightweight – some headsets are built so minimally and with such fine materials that one is unaware of them whilst wearing them
- Operability – if you are using your headset with Teams of other systems it is very useful to have easy access to in call controls – some headsets have inline controls integral to the cable whilst others have controls on the base station or headset itself
- Build – though this facet may be more pertinent to the purchaser. Headsets do break, they get dropped, they get tangled in chairs.. all sorts of calamities can befall a headset. Hence it is good to have one that is not just waiting to break at the slightest excuse.
- Design – ok , we have a functional, headset , but is it a pleasure to use? will it give a fully professional image when used for Microsoft Teams / Zoom style video conferencing – something that is being initiated in many customer service centers these days.
- Sound – it is important to hear and be heard ( forgive the obvious statement ) and Noise Cancellation will minimise background sound whether working in a busy call center or working from home with its myriad noises.
The best wired contact center headsets from Jabra
Jabra Engage 50
Perfect headset for the digital contact center using cloud based Unified Communications or Microsoft Teams, USB connection.
Jabra Biz 2400 II
An ultra-lightweight corded professional headset for those who want outstanding sound and comfort in an extra-durable design.
Jabra Biz 2300
The Jabra Biz 2300 is a lightweight corded headset for those who want excellent sound quality and both mono and duo variants.
The best WIRELESS contact center headsets from Jabra
Jabra Engage 65
All-day talk-time and integrated busylight on this wireless call center favourite from Jabra. The Jabra Engage 65 is available in Mono or Duo versions.
Jabra Engage 75
Industry-leading wireless performance and density with advanced noise-cancelling microphone for crystal-clear calls and integrated busylight.
Jabra Evolve2 30
Ideal for Hybrid working; at home, on the move or in the office, the Jabra Evolve2 30 much lighter than most headsets without compensating on audio quality.