Draytek Vigor 2820 Details and Specification
- ADSL/ADSL2+ and Broadband Router
- Dual-WAN ports for ADSL or cable modem or both
- 3G (Cellular) Modem support
- Comprehensive and Robust Firewall
- Twin VoIP ports with PSTN pass-through ('V' models only)
- Content Filtering (by matched keyword or data type)
- Surf Control Web Site Category Filtering
- Ethernet and WLAN Virtual LAN segmentation (common/distinct)
- Configurable QoS Features (For traffic prioritisation)
- VPN Dial-in/dial-out with VPN hardware co-processor
- 802.11n Draft 2.0 Wireless LAN ('n' models only)
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN Port for LAN Server connectivity
- USB Port for Printer or 3G Modem
- Highly configurable but easy to install and monitor
Robust & Comprehensive Firewall
As with previous DrayTek firewalls, security is taken seriously on the Vigor 2820 Series. The firewall features measures for protection against attacks including DoS (Denial of Service) attacks, IP-based attacks and access by unauthorised remote systems. Wireless, Ethernet and VPN are also protected by various protection systems (see later). A new DrayTek object-based firewall allows even more setup flexibility than ever, enabling you to create combinations of users, rules and restrictions to suit multi-departmental organisations.
Content control features of the firewall allow you to set restrictions on web site access, blocking download of certain file types, blocking specific web sites, blocking IM/P2P applications or other potentially harmful or wasteful content. Using the Surf Control site categorisations enable you to block whole categories of web sites (e.g. gambling, pornography etc.), subject to subscription.
Dual-WAN Load Balancing & Backup
As well as the primary ADSL interface, the Vigor 2820 features a secondary WAN port for Internet access. This is an Ethernet interface and can connect to a second ADSL modem, cable modem or any other Ethernet-based Internet feed. The secondary interface can be used either for WAN-Backup or load balancing.
WAN-Backup provides contingency (redundancy) in case of your primary ADSL line or ISP suffering temporary outage). Internet Traffic will be temporarily routed via the secondary Internet access. When normal services is restored to your primary ADSL line, all traffic is switch back to that.
If you don't have ADSL, the Ethernet WAN port can instead be used as your primary/only Internet connection (using NAT) so the same router can be used for either ADSL or Ethernet Internet connections.
The USB port provides an alternative connection method (Firmware Upgradable) for Internet backup by connecting to a compatible USB modem (or cellphone) for access to the high speed 3G cellular networks from UK providers such as Vodafone, Orange, 3 and T-Mobile. If you don't have ADSL at all, the USB/3G access method can be used as your primary/only Internet connection, ideal for temporary locations, mobile applications or where broadband access is not available.
Draytek Vigor 2820 Information
|Manufacturer Part #||V2820|