Cisco 2504 Details and Specification
Small to Medium-Sized Enterprise and Branch Office Controller
- Support for up to 50 access points and 500 clients.
- 802.11n ready support up to 500 Mbps.
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) support enables certification for scanner and kiosk deployments.
Licensing Flexibility and Investment Protection
- Additional access point licenses may be added over time.
- Full Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) access point to controller encryption.
- Supports rogue access point detection and detection of denial-of-service attacks.
- Management frame protection detects malicious users and alerts network administrators.
Cisco CleanAir Technology
- Detects, classifies, locates, and mitigates RF interference to provide performance protection for 802.11n networks.
Cisco OfficeExtend Solution
- Secure, simple, cost-effective mobile teleworker solution.
The Cisco 2504 Wireless Controller supports Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC), the technology that includes Cisco's Network-Based Application Recognition 2 (NBAR-2) engine. N-BAR-2 does deep packet inspection (DPI) to classify applications and tie into quality of service (QoS) to either drop or mark the traffic, thereby prioritizing business-critical applications in the network. Cisco AVC uses NetFlow Version 9 to export the flows to Cisco Prime Infrastructure or a third-party NetFlow Collector. The Cisco 2504 Wireless Controller also supports Bonjour Services Directory, which enables Bonjour (Apple) Services to be advertised and utilized in a separate Layer 3 network. Wireless Policy engine is a wireless profiler and policy feature on the Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controller that enables profiling of wireless devices and enforcement of policies such as VLAN assignment, QoS, ACL, and time-of-day-based access.
Cisco 2504 Information